PTI Elderly Leadership Freely Surrender As ‘Jail Bharo Tehreek’ Kicks Off

PTI Elderly Leadership Freely Surrender As ‘Jail Bharo Tehreek’ Kicks Off

Qureshi, Swati, and Asad Umar give in when Imran Khan urges PTI members to participate in a “freedom war” in the streets.

Leading members of the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) voluntarily turned themselves in to the police on Wednesday as the party launched its “Jail Bharo Tehreek” (court arrest movement) from Lahore.

The PTI said on its Twitter account that Shah Mehmood Qureshi, Asad Umar, Swati, Omar Cheema, and other party leaders and activists were being driven to the Kot Lakhpat jail in a police vehicle.

The prisoner’s van previously arrived at the Camp Prison, where staff members chanted and some even landed on the roof of the van.

The list of Qureshi, Omar Cheema, Senator Swati, Waleed Iqbal, Dr. Murad Raas, Muhammad Madni, Ahsan Dogar, Siddique Khan, and Azam Niazi was made public by PTI Lahore President Sheikh Imtiaz.

Outside the Camp Prison, former PTI minister Hammad Azhar remarked, “We have come to have ourselves arrested. They will eventually run out of locations to lock us up. As of right now, we have only told a few hundred people. They are telling us to wait since there is no room in the jail.

The employees could be seen creating videos for TikTok. Moreover, PTI leader Mian Abid climbed atop a police car and kicked it, shattering the glass in the process. The politician attempted to flee the scene, but the police pursued him and took him into custody.

PTI’s senior leadership travelled to the Capital City Police Office (CCPO) in Lahore earlier to launch the movement’s first phase and turn themselves in for detention.

Senior PTI leaders and activists have boarded the prison van in an effort to fill the jails after getting orders from party chairman Imran Khan. A number of workers have also climbed onto the van’s roof.

Omar Sarfaraz Cheema, a former governor of Punjab, was one of the additional party officials that boarded the police car.

Women party workers were also present outside the premises, and several of them lay in the street calling for arrest while others got out of the police van and walked towards Charing Cross.

The CCPO office was closed off by the police to everyone, including employees. Also, they made it clear that these arrests were made voluntarily.

We didn’t arrest them, according to the police, who also stated that they entered the captivity van of their own volition.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *